5th MetMed: NEW: Programme 2015
NEW: Programme 2015
To download programmes of previous meetings please click here.
The 2015 meeting programme will cover the following thematic blocks:
1. Climatology: On temporal and spatial variability of the Mediterranean climate and on methodologies for its characterization. Studies on phenomena that imply risk on people and property.
2. Processes and applications: Works describing meteorological processes in the Mediterranean, of regional or local character, as well as related applications (modelling, pollution, agrometeorology, etc.).
3. Remote and in-situ measurements: Contributions describing such techniques applied to research or numerical weather prediction, such as measurement of meteorological parameters or remote sensing.
4. Numerical modelling: Works regarding numerical modelling at all scales.
5. Wind energy: This session is focused on procedures, techniques and technologies to obtain proper estimations of the wind resource and accurate forecasts for wind energy production.
6. Water cycle and climate change: This session aims to bring together hydrologists and meteorologists who study the water cycle to share their research results and scientific challenges related to the water cycle in the Mediterranean basin under a changing climate.
We have received many requests to extend the abstract deadline of the 5th International Conference on Meteorology and Climatology of the Mediterranean. Because of this we have decided to change it and now you can pre-register and send your abstract until October 15th.
- Abstract due: from May 14th to October 15th, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: October 28th, 2014
- Conference: March 2nd - 4th, 2015
You will find more information (outline of programme, venue, conference committee, etc.) in www.tethys.cat/MetMed/5Istanbul/index_en.htm.
Contact the IMMCM Secretary (email@example.com) if you need further details on the pre-registration procedure or the submission of abstracts.
After the success of the previous meetings of Meteorology and Climatology of the Mediterranean (Barcelona 2008, Valencia 2010, Castellaneta Marina-Italy 2011, Banyuls 2013), and on behalf of the organizing committee, we would like to invite you to the 5th International Conference on Meteorology and Climatology of the Mediterranean that will take place March 2 - 4, 2015, in Istanbul, Turkey. The official webpage of this Meeting is: www.tethys.cat/MetMed/5Istanbul/index_en.htm
The official language will be English and the conference will cover the following five thematic blocks (more details in the conference webpage):
2) Processes and applications
3) Remote and in-situ measurements
4) Numerical modeling
5) Wind energy
6) Water cycle and climate change
The deadline for pre-registration and abstracts submission is: 22nd September 2014. Attached you will find the first call to contributions. The session programme and abstract submission, as well as information on registration, accommodation, venue, social events, etc., are accessible at www.tethys.cat/MetMed/5Istanbul/index_en.htm